At Cast Meet Crew, we’re focused on providing the best career platform and marketplace to match performing artists (actors, models, dancers, musicians and more) with talent seekers.
Cast Meet Crew is hiring for a Casting and Entertainment-Industry Outreach & Business Development Specialist in the Canada.
The Casting Outreach Specialist will be responsible for introducing Cast Meet Crew’s online casting tools to casting directors, agents, filmmakers, theatre creators, film schools, production companies, ad agencies, brands, actors, performers, and digital-video producers and directors across the United Kingdom, with a special focus on Toronto.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for researching and gathering Canadian leads and insights; visiting local universities and prospective clients’ offices to demo Cast Meet Crew’s services; and managing clients’ accounts to ensure that they understand how to use the Cast Meet Crew App effectively; as well as ensuring that their casting calls receive a strong response from quality applicants.
The ideal candidate will have existing connections in the entertainment industry, as well as knowledge about the casting needs and processes of film students and industry professionals.
For an example of the tools that the Outreach Specialist will be introducing to the Canadian film, TV, theatre, advertising, performing arts, and business communities.
- Identify and reach out to casting directors, indie filmmakers, production companies, digital-video producers, ad agencies, theatre creators, and film students, etc., in the Canada, to encourage them to try Cast Meet Crew’s casting services.
- Help promote Canadian-based projects’ casting calls to attract more talent-submissions; curate the casting calls to ensure a professional presentation of the materials; and curate talent lists from Cast Meet Crew’s database to make suggestions to the clients regarding actors that will be a good fit for their roles.
- Follow up with Canadian clients to see if they have any feedback or additional casting needs. (Encourage repeat business.)
- Teach local indie producers, directors, film students, and casting directors how to use the Cast Meet Crew app features effectively.
- Provide account support via phone, email, chat, webinars, and in-person meetings focused on the Canadian market.
- Demo Cast Meet Crew’s online tools to filmmakers and actors at production companies, film schools, theatre schools, festivals, and events in Canada.
- Increase the overall number of projects casting with Cast Meet Crew in the Canada.
- Must be able to travel where needed and attend events and conferences as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good time-management skills.
- Must have strong promotional skills and be adept at building new client relationships.
- Business development and marketing experience a plus.
- Experience pitching to prospective partners preferred.
- Should have an understanding of the needs of indie filmmakers, video-makers, and other content creators.
- Existing relationships within the film/TV, acting, and advertising communities preferred.
- Previous film/video/commercial casting experience a plus.
- A strong understanding of the Canadian market.
- A valid drivers licence and passport with the ability to travel to conferences and events as needed.
- Education in the performing arts,
- A love of film and the performing arts!
- 8 paid sick days;
- 20 paid vacation days;
- Competitive Base salary 85,000 – 100,000 based on experience + commission;
- Discounts with local gyms, festivals and other businesses;